Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Republicans finally desire bipartisanship?

Top Republican lawmakers Sunday called on President Obama to change his political strategy, arguing that the passage of a massive stimulus bill on a party-line vote showed he has failed to deliver the "change" he promised.

"If this is going to be bipartisanship, the country's screwed," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, told ABC's "This Week." "I know bipartisanship when I see it."


I agree completely. We need more of the bipartisanship shown by the Republicans under Bush, where they routinely pissed on the faces of their Democratic counterparts, by hiding conferences from the Democrats to outright saying that the real decisions will be made without their input.

So, can we please have some more of that bipartisanship?

I want to see Lindsey Graham and Tom Coburn running through Capitol Hill, looking for the meeting while Democrats craft bills that help fix our country. I want to see Democrats stand up to cloture, make the Republicans stand up and filibuster if they want to kill legislation. Let them be shown to be obstructionists; everytime they obstruct, their poll numbers go down and Democrats go up.

In short, I agree with Senator Graham. I had been on Obama's side as far as his version of bipartisanship goes, but now I'm convinced.

Let's show the Republicans some good old-fashioned bipartisanship.

Let's cut these motherfuckers down.

No comments: